Monday, March 27, 2017

Year of No-Added-Sugar - Day 4

So, this morning I woke up determined to go to Food and Thought and find out once and for all if there are any sweeteners in their raw vegan overnight oats....
And, after being a little bit of a persistent pest with my asking.... found out that they do, in fact, have a sweetener added: maple syrup.
I walked out disappointed. I forgot to even ask if they can be made without the maple syrup or if that is something they put in the whole batch the night before....
I tried not to let it ruin the roll I was on.... Today was supposed to be Day 4 of no-added-sugar; and, here I am finding out that maple syrup was in yesterday's breakfast. It's difficult not to be a little bummed out.
Today's meals/snacks consisted of this week's "typical" rice, sweet peas, rice cake, almond butter, green beans, Hilary's adzuki bean burger.
I am just in love with Hilary's adzuki bean burgers!
They do have apple cider vinegar, which some may say is a sugar; but, I'm going to let this one slide since the nutrition info says zero grams of sugar per serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment