Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Year of No-Added-Sugar Day 2

Shocked that I didn't get a migraine headache yesterday, the first day of no-added-sugar... For me, no-added-sugar means no coffee because I really don't like the taste of coffee without cream and sugar. My coffee order goes something like this...  I'll have cream and sugar with a little bit of coffee, please, LOL.
So, Day 2. More hungry since I didn't eat much on Day 1. Possibly plenty of remnant sugar and calories floating around my body from the weekend...
Breakfast: rice and peas with salt/pepper (~400 calories)
Late morning snack: wild rice cake with 3 TBS almond butter (~400 calories)
Late Lunch: Amy's frozen meal, black-eye peas (300 calories)
Dinner: rice, Hilary's adzuki bean burger, and bag-o-green-beans (~550 calories)
I stepped up the calories today, coming in at ~1,650. This is about where I've been told by others that I should be at for my age/weight/height and activity level, with a weightless goal of 1-2 lbs per week.
Still having black tea, rose hips tea, and peppermint teas throughout the day.
I went out and got some exercise today too, walked about 3 miles in an hour.
The mis-step I took today is when, after walking for an hour, I took a long hot epsom-salt bath... that was too long and too hot.
It felt so good but when I got out, I felt woozy and not so good.
While I thankfully didn't faint, I found this interesting post while I was recovering....
http://livelighter.org/hot-steamy-baths-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/
Besides being woozy after bath, the other unfortunate downside was that, I hadn't had a headache all day but after that too hot bath, I felt the sensations bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment